Long-term stress and anxiety are bad for your physical and emotional well-being. That is why it is essential to have effective stress relievers to help you keep both your mind and body at ease. The good news is that many different activities reduce your stress whether you are in the privacy of your home or outdoors. Here are some ways to ease anxiety and relieve some stress when you are too stoned.
The high you get from smoking cannabis can last for hours. However, the intensity usually drops off after the first hour or so. For some individuals waiting hours can be difficult, they feel too high. Sometimes, if a person is fixated on how high they are feeling, this leads to a more intense panicked feeling for susceptible users, like you are not in control. Overstimulation occurs when consuming very large amounts of THC. Still, it can also be because your body is not used to THC – a small amount can easily cause uncomfortable side effects. THC strongly binds to the CB1 receptor and may overstimulate it, making you feel more anxious, stressed, and paranoid. Like CBD, a terpene known as beta-caryophyllene can block the CB1 receptor, keeping the THC molecules from binding.
1. Get Some Exercise
Even getting outside and getting some easy exercise, such as walking around, can be helpful. Taking a walk allows you to enjoy the change in scenery, which puts some users in a different frame of mind, as well as the benefits of exercise. Changing your surroundings also helps distract your mind from high feelings. If you cannot shut your mind off and cannot go outside, try some light exercises, yoga, or stretching indoors to get the blood flowing.
2. Take A Shower
Taking a hot shower or running a warm bath to feel energized and refreshed helps. This method helps you relax as you wait for the effects of smoking too much pot to wear off.
3. Find A Good Distraction When Anxious
Shifting focus and giving yourself something else to focus on besides the uncomfortable side effects of being too high can help to keep your mind grounded. Here are some great activities that benefit you as well as distract you:
- Funny Memes– Laughter can help reduce tension and even relieve your body’s stress response. Here’s a few to get you started.
- Learn Something New– This can give you a feeling of reward while also distracting you from uncomfortable feelings.
- Make Art– Making a picture or some art is very helpful and act as a good distraction. You are creating something as well as fine-tuning a skill. This can give off positive feelings of accomplishment and gives you a sense of control over the creation you are making.
- Listen to Music – Music is effective for adjusting your mood. It also gives you some sort of control over your world. If you don’t like what you’re hearing, you can just skip to the next song!
- Reach Out to a Friend – Talking it out helps! It helps to identify any underlying causes of increased anxiety.
- While you are too stoned to think clearly, watch a movie to take your mind off looping fears.
4. Try CBD
CBD is a fantastic anti-anxiety compound and can be used by many to counteract the effects of excessive THC. A 2013 study published in The Journal of Psychopharmacology found that when another cannabis derivative is consumed along with THC, it appears to reduce adverse effects on anxiety and paranoia. According to Leafly, people are using CBD to counteract the effects of too much THC. Taking CBD along with THC may help lessen anxiety and paranoia. If you are not taking the two together, try taking some drops of CBD oil or another product with a higher concentration of CBD.
5. Take a nap to relieve anxiety
Last but not least, catch some Zs! Sleep is not the best option in all scenarios, but it’s good if you’re home and feeling too stoned.
Weed can be a lot of fun but getting too stoned takes all the pleasure out of the entire experience. Fortunately, there are ways to help you come back down when you feel too high or uncomfortable due to an overabundance of cannabis. It may only take you a song, a walk, or a talk to relieve some of your stress or anxiety next time you think you are too stoned!
- https://www.henryford.com/blog/2020/05/how-to-lower-your-cortisol-levels 0
- https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/8-ways-to-counteract-a-too-intense-cannabis-high 1
- https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/meditation/in-depth/meditation/art-20045858 2
- https://area52.com/how-to-stop-being-high/ 3
- https://getqualityroots.com/10-helpful-tips-for-if-you-get-too-high/ 4
- https://www.verywellmind.com/tips-to-reduce-stress-3145195 5
- https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/explore-mental-health/publications/how-manage-and-reduce-stress 6
- https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-to-get-unhigh 7
- https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-stop-being-high 8
- https://www.happyvalley.org/resources/how-to-come-down-from-a-high-faster/ 9
5 Tips for Breaking Bad Habits and Forming Positive Habits
When it comes to replacing bad habits with positive ones, there are a variety of different approaches you can take. Some methods might be more effective than others depending on your situation and goals, but here are just a few examples to get you started:
5 Tips For Breaking Bad Habits
- Set specific, measurable goals and track your progress. Whether you want to include cannabis in your yoga/meditation routine, eat healthier, or exercise more consistently, having concrete goals and tracking your progress can help keep you motivated and on track.
- Use positive reinforcement to reinforce the behaviors you want to see. For example, if you achieved a small goal you have set for yourself treat yourself to something else that is good for you. Let’s say you finished your work instead of procrastinating, take time to get some exercise or go for a walk. You earned leisure time, and you deserve fresh air and exercise.
- Find an accountability partner or group who will help support and motivate you along the way. Whether it’s joining a group fitness class or finding a friend who is also trying to form positive habits, having someone else to cheer you on and help keep you accountable can be a great way to stay on track.
- Change your environment and routine in small, manageable ways that are easy to stick with. For example, try switching out your regular coffee for an iced matcha latte, or start taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work. Making simple changes like these can help make your new habits more manageable and easier to stick with over time.
- Be patient, persistent, and consistent in your efforts. It may take some trial and error to find the approach that works best for you, but with time and practice, you will be able to cultivate positive habits that last for the long term.
We hope you enjoyed our blog on how to replace undesirable behaviors with positive ones. Many of us are aware that we can be our own worst enemies when it comes to bad habits. If you have a problem with a bad habit, take the time to identify the problem and how you can replace that behavior with a positive one that will help you grow. Thanks for reading! For more exciting content, check out our other articles on Stoner.boston!
Can Laughter Actually Heal?
Ever wonder if laughter can actually heal? As the old saying goes, laughter is the best medicine. There may be some truth to that old saying after all!
Laughter Has Been Shown to Boost the Immune System
Laughter has been shown to boost the immune system, making us less susceptible to colds and other illnesses. Laughing helps to reduce stress levels, which can further improve our overall health. In addition, laughter promotes healing by increasing blood flow and oxygen levels in the body. So next time you feel under the weather, sit down with friends who make you laugh or watch a funny movie. It just might be the best medicine for what ails you.
Laughter Can Help Relieve Pain
Laughing has been proven to positively affect our physical and mental health. Laughter releases endorphins, which act as natural painkillers and help reduce stress hormones. In addition, laughter helps to improve blood flow and increase oxygen intake, which can promote healing. For these reasons, laughter may relieve pain effectively. Additionally, it can also allow us to cope with difficult situations and boost our immune systems. So next time you’re in pain, check out your favorite show’s bloopers or try typing “funny” into Pinterest. You’re sure to find something that will make you laugh!
(*Please seek medical attention or advice if you are in extreme pain. I wouldn’t recommend laughing over funny videos if you are in severe pain or wounded.)
Having a Laugh Can Reduce Stress and Anxiety
So more about the healing of laughter; laughter reduces stress and anxiety and helps us connect with others. When we laugh, our bodies release endorphins which have mood-boosting effects. Laughter also helps to relieve muscle tension, and it can even boost our immune system. One study showed that group laughter reduced stress and anxiety in patients with severe kidney disease. Next time you’re feeling stressed or anxious, try imagining something funny or go to google and type in your favorite animal along with the word funny. Laughter is a powerful tool, and it’s always available for free. Feel free to give it a try!
Giggles May Improve Cardiovascular Health
Studies have shown that laughter can provide several health benefits, including improving cardiovascular health. Laughter has been shown to increase heart rate and blood flow, which can help lessen heart disease risk. Furthermore, laughter has been shown to reduce stress levels and improve mood, which can contribute to a healthier heart. So next time you feel down, look for “try not to laugh videos.” Laughing might be an ingredient to a healthy heart.
Laughter Can Help You Sleep Better
You wonder, how else can laughter heal? Laughter can help you sleep better by releasing endorphins, which have been shown to improve mood and reduce pain. Laughter also helps to relax the body and ease tension. So, if you have trouble sleeping, try watching a funny movie or TV show before bed. You may sleep more soundly and wake up feeling refreshed and well-rested.
How to Incorporate More Laughter Into Your Life
Furthermore, laughing can heal. Not only does it help to reduce stress and relieve pain, but it also boosts your immune system and improves your overall sense of well-being. Unfortunately, sometimes life gets in the way, and we forget to laugh. So, here are a few ideas for adding laughter into your life:
- Spend time with friends and family. Laughter is contagious, so being around people who make you laugh is an excellent way to up your laughter quotient.
- Watch comedies on TV or streaming services. Whether it’s a classic sitcom or a modern stand-up special, laughter is just a click away.
- Go to a comedy club. Seeing live comedy is an excellent way to laugh. And who knows, you might even be inspired to try stand-up yourself!
- Make time for play. Laughter is often associated with childhood, and for a good reason – playing around is a great way to let off some steam and have some fun. So go ahead and indulge in some silly fun every now and then. It’s good for the soul!
When it comes to improving your health, laughter is the easiest medicine. From boosting your immune system to reducing stress and anxiety, there are plenty of reasons to laugh daily. Engaging in laughter can heal! If you’re looking for ways to have more laughter in your life, be sure to check out our website – stoner.boston – for more interesting content. And don’t forget to subscribe while you’re there!
Here’s Why Weed Should be Marketed Like Wine
Wine is a sophisticated drink that is enjoyed in a relaxed setting. Weed should be marketed in the same way, as something that can be enjoyed with friends.
Wine is Seen as a Sophisticated Drink Enjoyed at Social Gatherings
It’s time for weed to receive the same level of social acceptance as wine, and should be marketed the same way, too. Why toast with a glass of Cabernet when you could indulge in a joint or edible of high-quality cannabis? Both wine and cannabis can enhance the flavors of a good meal, elevate conversation, and bring people together in a gentle and enjoyable stoned state of mind.
Cannabis Consumption has Less Health Risks
In fact, cannabis consumption is often far less detrimental to one’s health than excessive alcohol consumption. So why not swap out that bottle of pinot noir for some carefully curated strains of cannabis at your next social gathering? Let’s lift the stigma surrounding cannabis and give this herb the sophisticated status it deserves. Cheers!
Weed Should be Marketed in the Same Way, as Something that can be Enjoyed in a Relaxed Setting with Friends
Who says weed can’t be enjoyed just like a fine wine? In our society, we are all too quick to judge weed smokers and label them as “lazy stoners,” but in reality, weed can provide the perfect accompaniment to a relaxing evening with friends. This is where the power of marketing comes into play. Weed should be marketed as a social activity, comparable to having a glass of wine or sharing a cigar.
It Enhances Life Experiences
Focus on the aromas and flavors, promote it as a way to enhance food, music, and conversation. Instead of viewing weed as something dirty or shameful, let’s reframe it as an adult indulgence to be savored and enjoyed in good company. It’s time for weed to step out of the shadows and into the sophisticated social scene.
The strains of weed could be labeled like wine, with different flavors and levels of potency
Have you ever strolled through the marijuana dispensary, puzzled by the array of strains available? With names like Blue Dream, Pineapple Express, and OG Kush, it can be hard to understand the difference between them. Just like labels on a bottle of wine list the grape varietal and region, marijuana strains could potentially be labeled with information about their flavor profile and potency.
Environment Variables Change the Produced Product
These differences are primarily attributed to terpenes, aromatic compounds found in marijuana (and many other plants) that not only contribute to taste and smell, but also have potential therapeutic effects. This labeling system would provide consumers with valuable information for choosing marijuana strains based on their desired sensory and medicinal experience. In our increasingly legalized and regulated marijuana market, implementing strain labeling could lead to a more nuanced understanding of this diverse plant medicine.
Just like wine, There Would be a Variety of Prices for Different Types of Weed
Weed, just like wine, has a wide range of quality and pricing. Just as wine enthusiasts determine quality based on the type of grapes used, weed connoisseurs base value on the strain and cultivation method. And just as bottles of wine line the shelves with varying prices depending on quality and brand, so too can one find different types of weed with prices ranging from budget-friendly to high-end.
Not all Weed is Equal, Just Like all Grapes Aren’t Equal
So next time you’re browsing your local dispensary’s shelf, remember that just like with wine, not all weed is created equal. Pick a strain that suits your taste and budget, and enjoy the unique variety that the world of weed has to offer.
People who Enjoy Smoking Weed Could Become Just as Passionate About it as Wine Lovers are About Their Favorite Type of Wine
Just like wine lovers will wax poetic about the terroir of their favorite vineyard and the specific grape varietals used in a particular vintage, marijuana connoisseurs can be just as passionate about their favorite strain. Similar to wine grapes, different strains of weed have unique flavor profiles influenced by factors such as the strain’s genetic makeup, the terpenes present, and even the soil and elevation where it was grown.
Passion for Grapes is Just Like Passion for Marijuana
However, unlike grapes which are often mass-produced in large commercial vineyards, marijuana is often grown by small-scale farmers who personally tend to each plant. This passion for cultivation ensures that every puff of a hand-selected bud is bursting with flavor – perfect for any cannabis aficionado looking to enhance their smoking experience. Who knows? You may just find yourself developing a passion for weed worthy of any fine wine connoisseur.
The parallels between wine and weed are many, but there are still some areas where the two could learn from each other. Wine is often marketed as a sophisticated drink that should be enjoyed in a relaxed setting with friends. Weed should be marketed in the same way, as something that can be enjoyed in a relaxed setting with friends. The strains of weed could be labeled like wine, with different flavors and levels of potency.
Just like wine, there would be a variety of prices for different types of weed. People who enjoy smoking weed could become just as passionate about it as wine lovers are about their favorite type of wine. What type of labeling and marketing similarities did we miss? Let us know in the comments.
5 Tips for Breaking Bad Habits and Forming Positive Habits
When it comes to replacing bad habits with positive ones, there are a variety of different approaches you can take....
The Renaissance of the 21st Century
When the plague hit the world in the 14th century, it caused a huge turning point in the mentality of...
Can Laughter Actually Heal?
Ever wonder if laughter can actually heal? As the old saying goes, laughter is the best medicine. There may be...
Lifestyle5 months ago
Cannabis is Amazing Medicine Helping for Over 5,000 Years
Featured6 months ago
High THC Content Does Not Mean What You Think It Does
Featured4 months ago
What Are Biotechnology Companies Finding Out About Cannabis?
Animals6 months ago
Top 5 Animals That Get Baked
Cannabis Industry6 months ago
Why does the cannabis industry have such low job ratings?
Cannabis Industry4 months ago
Cannabis Brands In Massachusetts, Here’s an Unbiased Review
Science4 months ago
Myrcene, What Is This Cannabis Terpene And What Does It Do?
Science5 months ago
What Is Cannabigerol, And What Is Cannabigerol Good For?